SAP EWM – Extended Warehouse Management (Live Course)
SAP EWM – Extended Warehouse Management
SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) is used to efficiently manage inventory in the Warehouse and for supporting processing of goods movement. It allows the company to control their Warehouse inbound and outbound processes and movement of goods in the Warehouse.
The main process in a Warehouse is incoming and outgoing materials, goods receipt and goods issue, fulfil customer orders, and distribution of goods. When a company doesn’t store any goods, then there is no need of Warehouse management to manage goods.
Inbound process involves storage of goods in warehouse and their location and Outbound process involves picking up the goods. Whenever a material is stored in a warehouse, it is stored in the storage bin and you can find its current location.
With the help of SAP EWM all the goods movement are controlled by a warehouse management system and provides you the tools to monitor warehouse activities. You can also manage additional functions in the Warehouse like creating a serial number, batch number, vendor management inventory, resource optimization and value added services. SAP Extended Warehouse Management allows you to not only monitor the quantity of goods in Warehouse but to manage other critical functions and delivery of goods efficiently.
SAP EWM ─ Key Features
The following are the key features in SAP EWM −
- Using SAP EWM, you can control the warehouse activities like picking, posting and managing storage bin and good receipts.
- You can set alert for changed data before goods receipt from EWM to the ERP system, reversal or correction of the goods receipt from EWM to the ERP system and an inbound delivery split from EWM to the ERP system.
- You can perform deconsolidation of handling units which contain different products before putting them away in different storage sections.
- You can determine storage concepts using slotting for products and optimize arrangement of goods warehouse automatically.
- It allows you to perform executable tasks like work packages, consisting of warehouse tasks warehouse employees should perform as part of warehouse management activities.
- It allows you to manage and track vehicles as well as other transportation units from the yard check-in to yard check-out, including movements and other tasks within the yard.
- SAP EWM also includes storage and handling of hazardous substances and their transportation in accordance with the regulations from SAP Environmental Health & Safety EHS.
- In SAP EWM, you can also plan labor times and resources more effectively and hence you can make your Warehouse efficient by managing key resource management tasks effectively.
- In SAP EWM, you can use Warehouse cockpit that allows you to display warehouse key figures graphically and to evaluate or monitor activities using defined chart types.
- You can use cross-docking that allows you to perform transportation of handling units across different distribution centers or warehouses till they reach final location in the Warehouse.
Warehouse - Business
Optimization OF Resources
For Live Sessions Please Call/ Whatsapp - +919008890064 | +91938 0055 938
Email - [email protected]