The Sr. Solution Architect, D&T, SAP PLM will work with the business analysts and business clients to support and implement global processes of the Design and Engineering functions, primarily using standard SAP solutions as well as connectors to other SAP core modules or other systems interfaced with SAP to support the business process.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with Demand business analysts and business personnel to understand the global SAP PLM processes and provide the technology to support these processes
- Utilizes knowledge of best practice to define strategic direction, determine business needs and design & deliver technical NPI solutions in partnership with Application and Infrastructure.
- Based on requirements submitted by the business, develop detailed functional and technical specifications for changes to the SAP PLM system
- Design and develop complex solutions and objects utilizing SAP S/4 HANA PLM functionalities and related functions in the connected Logistics modules as well as providing input to shop floor systems and UI/UX development
- Facilitate and participate in user demos of development units.
- Provide prototypes of new functionality based on client needs
- Perform unit / integration testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc.) in development and staging environments, including regression testing of functionality that may be impacted by change.
- Provide ad hoc training and knowledge to business super users as required in run and maintain activities, such as training, issue resolution, etc.
- Essential core member of agile sprint team(s) to configure and develop optimal technical solutions / features.
- Provide technical delivery of functionality to meet defined business requirements as described in User Stories.
- Provide system support and maintenance in alignment with standards and process set within the ERP Services Delivery model, West policies and procedures as well as Regulatory requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA GMP, and GAMP.
- Create and maintain system lifecycle documents in accordance with West policies and procedures, including creation and maintenance of SOPs, SOIs and Job Aids.
- Work within and participates in the Change Control process.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5-8 Years of related work experience, i.e. 3 or more full implementations of PLM solutions
- Preferred but not required: Agile & Scrum Certification, ITIL
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Solid SAP skills – system functionality and technical understanding of PLM and surrounding areas (Simple Logistics)
- Must be up to date on latest PLM release.
- Strong HANA knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company’s safety and quality policy at all times
|Job Category||SAP PLM|