About the job
Test Engineer – SAP PLM
This is an individual contributor position that will be responsible for delivering on QA test execution with no supervision. This position is responsible for the identification and execution of application testing. This includes the identification of Functional, Technical and Integration related defects; as well as the effective documentation of defects to expedite resolution.
The position reports administratively to a QA Manager. VS&CO utilizes an onshore / offshore model to support testing activities, and this role will require frequent collaboration across shores.
- Creates or reviews test scenarios and test cases that are in alignment with functional requirements.
- Ensures appropriate test data is defined and available in the test environment
- Executes and statuses test cases, including proof of testing.
- Clearly documents defects, and retests fixes in a timely manner.
- Trains and mentors less experienced testers.
- Partners with functional and technical partners in their domain.
- Experience with Spiraplan or JIRA, or other test and defect management tools.
- Exposure to multiple Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile).
- Delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Drives issues within their domain to closure, and escalates cross-functional issues to leadership
- Exhibits confident, tactful oral communication with peers and IT leaders.
- Develops and delivers formal written communication to IT leaders with support from QA Manager.
- Successfully multi-tasks across project and non-project assignments, delivering on time in accordance with the priorities identified by the QA Manager.
- 3-5 years of experience in the testing domain
- BE/MCA from reputed institutes
- Experience with Recipe Development, Specification types, BOM Composition, Compliance Check and Season Modules in SAP PLM
- Experience in interfacing with C-Projects and Centric PLM would be a plus
- Retail domain experience preferred
- Experience delivering testing services in an onshore / offshore model preferred.