Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
As a PLM Functional Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of Merck’s Product Lifecycle Management development team within the Integrated Product Information organization. You will be using your expertise of SAP PLM in leading the implementation of product strategy and ensuring business needs are translated to system features and operations. By working in tandem with software developers and testers, you’ll be part of an integrated team in delivering business value for Merck’s Quality and Clinical business teams in providing accurate, digitized product data to support pharmaceutical supply chains.
- Be a critical and integral part of an internal product development team
- Demonstrate expertise in SAP Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and the interest to develop others in the skillset
- Combine business knowledge, functional, technical, and testing skill sets
- Continually improve products with automation, risk mitigation and best practices
- Reduce customizations and provide innovative solutions in a heavily customized environment
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree (Prefer Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business, Engineering) Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of working experience with SAP functional or technical experience in SAP PLM
- Previous working experience leading solution design and development on multiple SAP PLM and/or similar projects
- Previous working experience with Hands-on configuration experience and solid technical understanding of PLM objects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Pharmaceutical industry exposure or other regulated industries governed by 21 CFR Part 11 validation.
- 2+ years experience in business analysis and/or requirements gathering
- Recent experience with HP ALM, TOSCA, or other major testing solutions
- Prior experience or advanced knowledge of agile development processes and SDLC processes
- Experience or exposure to SAP PPM module or projects
|Job Category||SAP PLM|