The core business of ekaterra will run on SAP’s S4Hana system. The R&D Manager for PLM is part of the supply chain team and manages the SAP PLM functionality (product life-cycle management). This role is responsible for the implementation and operation of this specific functionality and alignment to the current and future needs of the supply chain function of the business.
The role will be responsible for implementing a roadmap for the PLM supply chain application stack including upgrades, version releases and enhancements based on business feedback and trends in the market.
This role will support the delivery of the end state IT landscape for supply chain and manage vendors and services to ensure business continuity, specifically for PLM. Additionally, this role will bridge the gap between the vendor and the business and ensure the application stack, development and support meet the needs of supply chain.
Your Key Tasks
- Manage the implementation and operation of the PLM functionality and ensure that it remains aligned to the current and future business needs in terms of functionality and operational performance.
- Provide input into the IT strategy for supply chain requirements and business processes.
- Manage the Enterprise Application team for PLM and while working with IT suppliers, ensuring that both development and operational application management services are delivered in accordance with all contractual SLAs and business expectations.
- Ensure adherence to the recognized industry applications management lifecycle.
- Responsible for requirements gathering from the business for any developments that are needed to ensure the delivery of any subsequent changes and improvements (via the IT supplier eco system).
- Contribute to regular performance management meetings with key business stakeholders to drive performance improvements within the IT team and the service providers.
- Ensure that the PLM functionality of the supply chain applications team is fully integrated operationally with the rest of the IT team.
- Contribute to developing a corporate long-term plan including policies, procedures and standards, with a focus on integrating technology into company operations to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish more flexible supply chain solutions that may be readily adapted to meet the needs of changing circumstances or future business growth and expansion and using these to improve customer service.
- Develop, grow, and maintain effective working partnerships with vendors, suppliers and all service providers.
- Establish and maintain a very strong partner relationship to the directors, managers and teams across the supply chain function.
- Maintain a view of future technologies that would enhance, simplify or delight our customers and shareholders.
Stakeholder Management And Key Interfaces
- Role reports to the Supply Chain IT Lead
- Engagement with product vendor(s) for supply chain
- Engagement with supply chain functional leaders, process owners, super users
- Engagement with IT Managers for IT infrastructure, Local IT, Security, Service Mgt
Skills And Experience
- Extensive experience and understanding in the SAP PLM applications implementation and support life-cycle and how this is used to support core business capabilities & processes for supply chain.
- Strong knowledge in the field of the PLM process and functionalities.
- Experience in managing vendors essential to drive efficiencies in service/cost.
- Previous experience of managing IT transformations.
- Articulate and good communicator with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy-to-understand way.
- A clear external lens on IT development and trends that can support the roadmap for applications.
- Degree in business administration or a technology-related field, or equivalent work- or education-related experience.
- Understands the importance and objectives of the ekaterra supply chain function.
- Experience of working within a global organisation.
- Broad knowledge of IT and business context.
- Understands the importance of effective communication and influencing skills within teams, vendors, suppliers, stakeholders and leadership teams.
Who We Are Looking For
- Relationship management: You understand the importance of effective communication and influencing skills within teams, vendors, suppliers, stakeholders, and leadership teams.
- Personal drive, with a track record of working to tight timelines in a challenging environment.
- Understands the importance of diverse cultures and values different views and perspectives.
- Appreciation of the challenges faced with a greenfield site, with the entrepreneurial mindset required for successful outcome.
- Excellent leadership qualities, encouraging ownership, assertiveness and openly challenging to get the best from teams and partners.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
|Job Category||SAP PLM|