- Managing and implementing environmental, health, and safety management systems.
- Assist in making sure that all workers and subcontractors adhere to and are fully compliant with all health, safety, and workplace regulations outlined by the client.
- Implementing and managing safety training and induction tools like induction meetings, toolbox talks, on-the-job training, etc.
- Ensuring that the construction EHS Plan is properly implemented on the site.
- Review of contractors’ method statements and risk assessments.
- To ensure ongoing improvement, safety strategies, and health and safety initiatives.
- Prepare various project safety reports, including status, statistical analysis, etc
- Degree in environmental health and safety, health and safety, or a related field.
- Prior work experience leading a team in a senior H&S position.
- 7+ years of experience working in the construction industry in a health and safety capacity.
- Managing and putting into practice Health and Safety management system
- Should have good written & oral communication skills in English, hands-on familiarity with MS Office software packages.
- Should have good knowledge of safety systems to be followed on construction sites as well as knowledge of safety standards being used on construction sites internationally.
- Should have good knowledge of safety control systems like work method statements, job safety analysis, permit-to-work systems, gate-control systems, etc.
- Should have good knowledge of the rules and regulations / statutory authorities’ requirements on the subject of safety.
- Should have good man-management skills and apply them strongly at site to get safety systems implemented at site consistently.
- Should have done at least one industrial project and one high rise building project.
- Should have strong Result Orientation and capability to operate in multi-functional teams.
- Past work experience with PMC organisations would be an added advantage.
- Safety qualification from NICMAR, Minimum 1 year duration diploma conducted by state factories rules/ BOCW Central Rules or equivalent would be a definitive preference.
|Job Category||SAP EHS|